Topic: Flash Lite 3 and security

I have a Flashlite 3 application that needs access to localshared objects and the network. I was told that I need to put the swf into a folder called Trusted. Is it possible to create a folder called Trusted during the installation of the sis?

Re: Flash Lite 3 and security

hi,

FL3 security applies to only movie/variable load operations. it does not block SO operations. you can publish your FL3 application with network only access, SO will work with any other workaround.

You can make any folder structure within staging folder, it will be created under SWF2Go SIS installation folder.

best,

// chall3ng3r //

Hello, that sounds great but I have an application that loads data from an external website and stores that data in an SO. When I move the swf to the device it dose not work and yes I have it set to network only. When I put it in a Trusted folder on the phone (Not on the memory card) it works and loads data. So now I have two questions 1st : why does it work when I put it in a Trusted folder 2nd: is there a way to make sure that the install happens on the phone and not a memory card?

Thanks!

N

Hi,

It seems a bit odd. i'm sending you a sample application via email, which is a FL3 app and also uses SO to store a bit of info locally.

It works flawlessly in combinaion with SWF2Go and FL3. test it and let me know.

best,

// chall3ng3r //

I tried the application and it worked. I will send you the swf for my application. Just load it on to your device and see if it works.

Is there a way to make sure that the install happens on the phone and not a memory card?

The security issue is based on the fact that I am accessing remote data and using MMI to access the battery and signal level. Because of that I need to create a trusted folder on the phone (not the memory card) where I can place the swf files. Is that possible?

hi,

to make sure the files are installed on phone memory, you need to make the SIS manually.

for example:
“C:\temp\myapp\myapp.swf”-“!\Data\Others\myapp.swf” in PKG file tells to allow user select the phone/mem-card for file during install. 

but if yo make it like:
“C:\temp\myapp\myapp.swf”-“c:\Data\Others\myapp.swf”, the installer will not ask user any question, and install the files directly to phone memory.

I recommend the following documents for further reading:
- http://www.symbian.com/Developer/techli … hdr%2etype
- http://www.symbian.com/Developer/techli … index.html
- http://www.symbian.com/Developer/techli … 2dexamples

best,

// chall3ng3r //

Hi chall3ng3r,

Flash Lite 3 requires applications to be stored in the Others\trusted folder on the phone for local access. If we need to build the SIS ourselves, then it sort of defies the purpose of SWF2GO, doesn't it ? Is there anyway to modify the default installation folder used by SWF2GO ?

Thanks,

Frederic

Last edited by artru (11-06-2008 11:03:28)

Hello,

In SWF2Go 1.x, the default paths are hard coded, as before FL3 there was no need for files to be in the Trusted folder.

We have fixed this issue v2.0, which will be released soon.

thanks,

// chall3ng3r //

Thanks for the reply. Can't wait for v2.0 then...

Frederic