Topic: unable to install a protected application from untrusted supplier

I had this message

unable to install a protected application from untrusted supplier

after signing the sis file on my N95 why is that?

Re: unable to install a protected application from untrusted supplier

Hello,

This looks like that you're using UID from protected range (starts with 2) which should only be used when you are going to Symbian Sign your application.

If you are using self certificate to sign your SIS, make sure you use the UID from unprotected range. use UID that starts with Exxxxxxx for development (i.e. 0xE0001234), and get UID from Axxxxxxx range (allocated by SymbianSigned) when you plan to distribute your application to end users.

Remember, UIDs starting with 2 and A range must be taken from www.symbiansigned.com. You can register and request for UIDs free of charge.

best regards,

// chall3ng3r //

thank brother it is ok now

Hay hi
can you please tell me how to do that changing UID to protected range i have n8 and i did self sign with freesigner for game file and i recive same massage unable to install a protected... can any one help

Hi,

UIDs starting with 0x2 (only needed for Symbian Signed) and 0xA must be obtained from Symbian Signed or Nokia.

If you are planning to publish your Flash Lite based app to Ovi Store, you can visit http://publish.ovi.com and contact the publisher team to request for 0x2 UIDs.

If you are planning to self-sign the SIS and publish it on your own website, you can visit http://www.symbiansigned.com and request for 0xA UIDs.

UIDs requesting is free.

Note that if you use 0x2 UID for your app, you must get it Symbian Certified Signed, or ask Ovi Store team to sign it for you. You can''t sign SIS with UIDs starting with 0x2.

I hope this helps,

// chall3ng3r //

thanx for fast reply hope ur doing good i am also paki from karachi but in UAE dubai boss i know u must be too busy but i m really new to all this but i do have some idea can u please tell me briefly how to do the UID stuff to make my games run may b the cretificate and key i got was not proper or i need to set the UID in certificate it self please help me in doing this hope ur having easy ramadan
Thank you

Sure, no problem smile

With SWF2Go, you actually don't have to worry too much. If you are testing your app on your own device, just use the default SWF2Go settings.

• Download and install latest trial version of SWF2Go.

• Input your app name in SWF2Go and select the staging folder where your app's SWF files are located.

• Select the SVG icon, or leave the default icon already set.

• Build the project. SWF2Go by default uses a random 0xE series UID for testing, and automatically self-signs the SIS with a default certificate which comes with SWF2Go.

• Now install the SIS on your phone, it will work fine.

When you are about to publish to Ovi Store after testing your app on device. Just request Ovi Store team for new UIDs and upload the unsigned SIS (uncheck auto sign option in SWF2Go Options) file of you app in Ovi Store portal for signing by Nokia.

It's that simple.

// chall3ng3r //

Thanx bosss ur amazing u have really wow kind of knowledge in all this its good to know that oue pakistani people are doing so well mashallah.

1. actually i am not developing any application of my own i am trying to install some games which are unsigned and getting it signed by some freesigner application installed in my N8.

2. if you can help me getting the .cer and .key file how to get that because i need these file for self signing the application i got .cer and .key from this application installed in my N8 http://www.symbianzone.us/2010/02/get-y … s60v3.html
i hope ur getting me now.
the error is "unable to install a protected application from an untrusted supplier"
still thank you very much for you sooner reply
Salaam

chall3ng3r wrote:

Sure, no problem smile

With SWF2Go, you actually don't have to worry too much. If you are testing your app on your own device, just use the default SWF2Go settings.

• Download and install latest trial version of SWF2Go.

• Input your app name in SWF2Go and select the staging folder where your app's SWF files are located.

• Select the SVG icon, or leave the default icon already set.

• Build the project. SWF2Go by default uses a random 0xE series UID for testing, and automatically self-signs the SIS with a default certificate which comes with SWF2Go.

• Now install the SIS on your phone, it will work fine.

When you are about to publish to Ovi Store after testing your app on device. Just request Ovi Store team for new UIDs and upload the unsigned SIS (uncheck auto sign option in SWF2Go Options) file of you app in Ovi Store portal for signing by Nokia.

It's that simple.

// chall3ng3r //

Hello bos how are you how ur doing good i posted some thing please check it and if u can reply because i am just waitng for ur reply
Thank you

Hello Adeel,

Well, I can't help you with signing apps which are not suppose to be self-signed, i.e. UID in range of 0x2. The UID is embedded inside the EXE header and application resource file, which cannot be changed.

So, you cannot sign the SIS file yourself which have UID starting with 0x2, only Nokia or SymbianSigned can do that.

If you are a beta tester of the app you are trying to install, then simply contact the developer of the app, and ask for a self-signed version for testing.

I hope this clears any doubts smile

// chall3ng3r //